Block pricing allows promoters to set a fee increase based on the number of participants in a category, group header or event. Block pricing is similar to the existing feature Fee Schedule, which sets an entry fee increase based on date, except that the increases are based on the number of participants in the designated group. Block pricing is a great way to incentivize participants to register early, as they won't know how fast the event will fill, so they will be motivated to register early to lock in the earlier pricing.
Block pricing can include as many, or as few fee increases as the promoter wants, set at whatever participant interval they feel will generate the best response.
An example of a block pricing schedule would be as follows:
After 10 registrations >> Entry Fee $25
After 20 registrations >> Entry Fee $30
After 30 registrations >> Entry Fee $35
How Block Pricing Applies
Block pricing is set per category and the increases can be set by category, group header, or event. The way the fee increases are set are as follows:
If a promoter sets block pricing to apply by category then the increase in pricing will occur once the requisite number of registrants is reached in that category alone.
If a promoter sets block pricing to apply by group header then as soon as the number of registrants is reached inside the group header, the price will increase ONLY in the set category.
If a promoter sets block pricing to apply by event then as soon as the number of registrants is reached inside the entire event, the price will increase ONLY in the set category.
Setting Up Block Pricing
You can setup block pricing as follows:
- Login to your promoter account and navigate to the event where you want to enable block pricing.
- Navigate to Category Setup under the Event Setup section. Navigate to the category where you want block pricing to apply and click 'Edit'.
- Scroll down the blue bar titled 'Fee Schedule/Block Pricing'
- Select 'Fee Change Method' and choose Block Pricing.
- Select how to count registrations, 'In this Category', 'In this Group Header' or 'In the Entire Event'.
- Now add in as many increases as you want by selecting what the price will be AFTER a certain number of registrants and clicking on 'Add New Fee'.
- Click 'Save' at the bottom to apply the changes.
- Repeat these steps with any other categories where you would like Block Pricing to apply.
- Block pricing will now show in an expandable gray header near the top of your registration page: