The waitlist tool allows promoters to create and manage a waitlist for each category that automatically opens when the category fills. When registering for the waitlist, participants are asked for their credit card information, but no charge is made until the promoter moves them into the race category. When checking out, the participants agree to the conditions of the waitlist including the last possible date they will be charged. Promoters set that final date that they will register participants off the waitlist and charge them. Note that once participants sign up for a waitlist category, promoters cannot change the date of the final charge, because participants have agreed to the original date. So consider your final date of charge carefully.
To create a waitlist:
- Log into your promoter area.
- Click on the name of the event you wish to create waitlists for.
- Select "Category Setup" from the "Event Setup" menu.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the “Edit” button next to the category for which you’d like to set up a waitlist, then pick “Waitlist Settings”
- Check the box next to “Create a Waitlist for this category” and pick a final charge date. This is the latest you’ll be able to apply the charge to a participant’s credit card or paypal account, so it should be shortly before your event date. Note that once participants sign up for a waitlist category, the promoter can’t change the final date of the possible charge, because participants have agreed to the original date.
- Click Save, and repeat as necessary for other categories.