Coupon codes can be created by the event director to offer participants a discount. Discounts can be either a percentage of the entry fee or a fixed dollar amount discount that can be applied at the Cart before checkout. Coupons can be created for specific events, or used for multiple events (See “Multi-Event Coupons” below), and can have a limited number of uses available.
For example, you could offer a discount to your club member for your event (share coupon code with your club members), or you could offer a discount to the first 50 people to register (set number of available coupons to 50, and share coupon code with all potential participants), or offer a discount for early registration (set the expiration of the coupon).
To use the coupon feature:
- Login to your Event Director area.
- On the right hand side, under the "Marketing Tools" menu click on "Coupons".
- Click the green “Add New Coupon” button.
- Fill out the coupon information.
- choose per cart if you want to offer just one discount per cart, i.e $20 off the entire cart, regardless of number events entered.
- choose per item, if you want to have the discount apply to each eligible item in the cart.
- Choose percent if you want to offer a percentage discount on all eligible items the cart.
- Choose discount if you want to offer a flat fee discount $10 off per cart/item.
- Choose net fee if you want the end price for each eligible item or the cart total to be a set amount.
- Coupon Code – you can create a code that is easy to remember and share, or not.
- Expiration date – leave blank, or enter the last date you want this coupon to be valid. It will expire at 11:59 PM on that date.
- Number available – leave this blank, or allow a set number of uses. Once the code has been used that many times it will no longer be valid, even if the expiration date has not yet been reached.
- Coupon applies – choose how you want the coupon to apply, per cart or per item.
- Discount type – choose the type of discount, percent, discount or net fee.
- Amount – set the amount of the discount or net fee.
- Coupon valid for – choose the categories for which the coupon is valid. Click the box by the event name to make coupon valid for all categories.
- Email – to be notified when the coupon code is used, click this option.
Note that coupon codes can be applied to multiple events by using Multi-Event Coupons under Event Director Tasks. All existing coupons will show in Multi-Event Coupon Codes.